For those seeking more in-depth information about aging, including dealing with Alzheimer’s disease, these books provide some wonderful advice and instruction.
- A Dignified Life
Virginia Bell, M.S.W & David Troxel, M.P.H
- Caregiving as Your Parents Age
Dr. Linda Rhodes
- Creating Moments of Joy
- Planes, Canes, And Automobiles
Valerie M. Grubb
- Still Alice
- The 36-Hour Day
Nancy L. Mace, M.A. Peter V. Rabins, M.D, M.P.H
- The Caregiver’s Survival Handbook
- The Emotional Survival Guide for Care Givers
Barry J. Jacobs, PsyD
- Untangling Alzheimer’s
Tam Cummings, PhD
- Validation Techniques for Dementia Care
Vicki de Klerk-Rubin
In addition to the above recommendations, the Aging Life Care Association (ALCA) provides free White Papers and eBooks for older adults and their families. Visit the ALCA website to check out their library.
- 6 Steps to Living Well While Caring for Aging Parents
- Planning for the Care You Need at Home
- Six Hidden Costs to Caring for an Aging Parent
- When Your Parent Has Dementia, Is Lying Ever OK?